HIGH-PERFORMANCE INSULATION SOLUTIONS
expert work in
Spray Foam is key to building a High-Performance Home through a holistic approach with all components integrated into an ecosystem to provide comfort, durability, and energy efficiency.
Up to 50%
reduction in heating and cooling costs per year*
Benefits of spray foam
Our products beat fiberglass insulation in every way. When fiberglass sags, spray foam keeps on performing – which is why we’re happy to offer a limited lifetime warranty.
Cut Energy Costs
Lower heating and cooling costs
A Comfortable Home
Even temperatures from room to room
FEMA-Approved flood resistance
Dust and Air Polution
Minimize pollutants and allergens from entering the home
A more quiet living space
Protection from outside noise
Lowers your carbon footprint
The Importance of Insulation for Commercial Buildings
The role of insulation is to prevent the migration of heat from warmer spaces to cooler ones. This is a very simple concept that affects both commercial and residential buildings in several significant ways.
- Reduces heating and cooling costs: To keep up with temperature variations in a poorly insulated structure, your furnace, air conditioner, heat pump, or boiler will have to work overtime. Your HVAC equipment will have to provide extra cooling or heating to compensate for the loss or addition of heat, depending on the season. Not only will you lose the energy you’ve already paid for to create heating or cooling, but you’ll also have to pay for more energy to make up for the loss. This will lead to a significant waste of energy and money.
- Helps maintain indoor comfort: A well-insulated building will be much more comfortable than one that is poorly insulated. Without insulation, heat can escape the structure in the winter and enter during the summer. With the proper amount of insulation, this transfer of heat will be reduced or eliminated and your indoor spaces will stay at the temperature you prefer.
- Decreases wear on HVAC systems: As HVAC systems work overtime to compensate for the effects of limited insulation, they will experience more wear and tear than they would under better circumstances. This will increase the chances of a system malfunction or breakdown and the need for a costly repair. It will also shorten the functional life of the equipment, making it likely that a complete replacement will be necessary sooner than normal. The effectiveness of insulation is determined by its R-value, which is a measure of how well it resists the flow of heat. Different areas of the country require different R-values to achieve minimum insulation levels. Higher R-values mean more effective insulation.
There are numerous benefits to insulating piping in industrial facilities with fiberglass and mineral wool insulation products including helping to keep piping systems stable and working safely.
5 great reasons to insulate industrial piping systems
1. Increases Fire Protection
A huge benefit in California as wildfires have been more apparent. Fiberglass and mineral wool insulation are inherently non-combustible.
2. Prevents Condensation and Subsequent Corrosion on Cold Surfaces
Specifying sufficient insulation thickness with the right vapor retarder is the most effective means of controlling condensation and limiting corrosion on cold piping, ducts, chillers, and roof drains. Sufficient thickness is needed to keep the outermost surface temperature above the dew point temperature of the ambient air.
3. Controls Surface Temperature for Personnel Protection
Fiberglass and mineral wool insulation systems reduce the surface temperature of piping and equipment to a safer level, reducing the risk of burns and worker downtime due to injury.
4. Controls and Stabilizes Process Temperatures
By reducing heat loss or gain, fiberglass and mineral wool insulation help maintain process temperature to your pre-determined value. Insulation that’s specified to proper thickness can limit heat loss in a dynamic system or limit temperature drop over time in a static system.
5. Controls Noise and Vibrations
Pipe insulation materials can be used to encase piping mechanisms that cause noises or vibrations, forming a sound and vibration barrier between the piping and external areas.
Benefits of Agriculture Building Insulation
Properly insulated agricultural buildings can make a big impact on your farming operation. Reducing or eliminating wasted heat in winter and excessive heat build-up in summer can result in huge cost savings!
- Contributes to maintaining the health of the livestock
- Improves productivity and profitability
- Controls condensation
- Deadens sound
Protect Your Livestock & Your Buildings
- Poultry Barns
- Hog Barns
- Dairy Barns
- Post Frame Buildings
- Metal Buildings
- Cannabis Farms
Spray Foam insulation in Cannabis Grow Labs
The purpose of insulation is to prevent heat transfer. There is a very good reason for the insulation in your business – it saves a LOT of money. The cost of energy for heating and cooling is one of the biggest expenses of a business on a day-to-day basis and certainly varies as to where you live in the country. When it’s very hot in summer months or very cold in winter months, a business can use hundreds of dollars in energy. Insulation helps reduce that bill by slowing down the movement of heat through the walls, floors, and ceilings.
Keeping this in mind, insulating your cultivation or grow room is vital. You must be able to control the entire environment including the airflow in and out of the room, the heat, air conditioning, humidity, and CO2 inside the room. Insulating the walls and ceiling will save you energy in the long run, which means more money in your pocket. At the very least, insulate the outside walls to keep any major fluctuations in temperature from occurring. Remember, you want these marijuana plants to Budd and Bloom when you want. If cool temperatures are recognized by the plants they may flower prematurely. As for the roof or canopy of your enclosure, it is not quite as important. The lights that you put in produce heat and heat rises. As for the walls, if it’s inside an existing building already, an R11 wall will be just fine if it’s enclosed and air does not escape the enclosure; although, insulation of the roof can save you some money in the long run.
*Insulation is measured by its R-value. The R-value lets you calculate how much heat will transfer through a certain wall area, depending on the temperature difference between the indoor and the outdoor air. The “R” in R-value stands for resistive. R-value is a way to shorten up resistive value into the term R-value.*
Why Spray Foam?
Modern spray foam insulation provides exceptional energy savings that boost returns on investment across residential, commercial, industrial, and agricultural industries. Spray foam offers high performance and enduring advantages over fiberglass. Spray foam insulation in a building envelope makes homes feel more comfortable by reducing drafts and temperature variations. Spray foam also allows home heating and cooling units to work more efficiently and use less energy, so homes stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Learn more at Huntsman Building Solutions website.
We are a family-owned, licensed company built on customer satisfaction and quality services. With complete knowledge of multiple building styles, we can come together and design the right structure for the right price to best fit your needs. Serving Northern California, and with expert knowledge and great reviews, let us work with you on your next project to meet your goals.